Work has been moving more slowly than I'd like. As per my last blog post, the Vanagon is running and on the road. I've been ironing out a few final quirks, but mostly because I'm not driving it every day. Overall, it's running well. We took it camping a few weeks back, and I've been driving it locally on weekends. I still don't trust it well enough to take it on a long road trip, but I think that will change in the near future.
I'm still working on the project Legacy, too. I finally finished up the front suspension and am cracking into the rear suspension. Weather has been getting in the way, though, and keeping me from finishing it up. With a bit of luck, I'll have that done tomorrow and can then move on to tune-up items. The rear struts, like the fronts, require me to crack the brake lines when changing them. When I replaced the front struts, the first thing I did was make sure I could remove the bleeder screws. Unfortunately, one of the rear bleeder screws is hopelessly seized, meaning that I'll be replacing the caliper on that side.
When the Legacy is on the road, I'll finally get started on the 240D. MercedesDieselGuy will once again be working on a Mercedes diesel. It'll be nice to be back into a project that's just for the fun of it and not so much out of necessity.