Monday, June 24, 2013

Almost back on the road...

I had a good, albeit prematurely-interrupted weekend with the Vanagon. I had to go in to the office on Sunday, so I knew that I'd only have Saturday to get things done. Even then, I had to give the Outback a little attention. Specifically, I had to do solidify an exhaust patch I made the previous weekend.

As soon as I was done with that, I turned my attention to the Vanagon. I knew all the "heavy lifting" was done. At this point, I just have to power through reinstalling the remaining bolt-on items. In short order, I reinstalled the thermostat housing, hooked up all the disconnected cooling hoses, finished installing the power steering pump, and installed the intake manifold.

At this point, all I need to do is install the throttle body and airbox, install a new oil filter, fill it up with oil and coolant, and then start it. Once it's running again, I'm planning to flush the cooling system before driving it again. If I hadn't had to work on Sunday, I'd probably be done. As it is, I'm hoping to wrench on it a bit this week and, with any luck, be able to drive it sometime this weekend.


Almost ready to breathe again. So close....

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up . . . we have to keep these awesome machines on the road! On a side note, love your videos on YouTube . . . I have learned a lot from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've had my Vanagon for ten years now. I'm itching to put a few miles on it again soon.

      Delete